This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I will be using the REMIND APP this year to keep in touch with parents/guardians and students outside of school. The app will allow me to keep you up-to-date on classroom events and enable us to text one another in one convenient location.
To join the REMIND class:
Text @goddard7v to 81010.
Communication between home and school is a very important part of your child’s education. I believe that parents should be well informed of their child’s academic progress and behavior in the classroom. I will be sending various forms of communication home throughout the year. Please start off the year by downloading the REMIND app and join my class (see directions above).
1. If a student is not in class, an automated text will go out. You will not be able to reply to this text. If your student is not able to join class (for sickness, tech issues, etc. please contact me through email or remind.)
2. Progress Reports will go home every three weeks.
3. Report Cards every nine weeks.
4. Power School is linked under the CMCSS's webpage, and I will be updating your child's grades on a weekly basis.
5. Please contact me via the Remind app, email, or phone if you have any questions or concerns in regards to your child's education.
If you are absent, it will be your responsibility to retrieve your missing assignments by looking at canvas, completing the assignments, and turning them in by the due date.
For each day you are absent, you will be allowed one day (for each day missed) to complete and return missing assignments. For example, Josh is absent Monday and Tuesday, he received his missing assignments Wednesday. Josh has Wednesday and Thursday to complete assignments. They will be due by the end of the day Friday. Deadlines for missing assignments will be by the end of the school day the assignments are due.
Please keep in mind that there are multiple solution paths to a math problem, so work must be shown! I want to know what your child was thinking and how they reasoned through each problem. For homework to be considered turned in and on time, it must be complete and submitted before they arrive to my class the next day.
There are certain expectations for students in my class. Students will:
1. BE PRODUCTIVE AND ON TIME.
2. DO THE RIGHT THING.
3. RESPECT OTHERS.
4. BE ENGAGED AND ENTHUSIASTIC.
5. BE OPEN TO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
6. BE AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT IN THEIR OWN RESCUE.
Students are expected to come to class with all materials/supplies and a CHARGED computer.